Recycling & Refuse Unit
Recycling Center Office Hours:
Wed.- Sat. 7am – 11:15am & 12:00 noon – 2:30pm
To report problems or ask questions email: email@example.com
Forms and other Links
2017 Confidential Paper Shredding – New Castle Residents Only – New Castle Recycling Center 10AM – 1PM – April 22, June 3, September 16, and November 4, 2017
The Take It or Leave It shed is now CLOSED for the season.
Effective 8/20/13: New Mulch/Compost delivery policy.
Residents are now required to make private delivery arrangements.
Not sure how much material you need for a given job?
Use the Material Needed Calculator.
Yard Waste Area Hours: Mon. – Sat. 7am-2:30pm
Recycling Center Hours: Wed. – Sat. 7am -2:30pm
Residents who need to get rid of brush may do so by:
- Residental Yard Waste Area in their own vehicle (proof of residency required),
The Residental Yard Waste Area is open Monday through Saturday, 7 am to 2:30 PM and town residents can use the residential yard waste area to drop of brush, tree limbs and logs and lawn bags – All free of charge. The recycling center can not accept stumps, pressure- treated wood or fences.
- Putting it at the curb for pickup by Sani-Pro (see schedule for pick up days). Brush must be packaged according to Sani-Pro’s specifications – Bundles only, maximum of 4 feet long and weigh less than 60 pounds. Brush over 5 inches in diameter, loose branches and other material will not be picked up.
- Hiring a private contractor.
Please contact DPW if you have any questions. 238- 8091.
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT RECYCLING…
(And Why It’s So Important*)
*So,why should I recycle?
Recycling saves energy, conserves our resources for future generations, reduces pollution, and saves you money.
Please note that some items can be recycled curbside and others can be recycled both curbside and at the Recycling Center.
WHAT CAN I RECYCLE CURBSIDE?
- Plastic – All plastic numbered 1-7
- Metals – Aluminum and Tin Cans, aluminum foil, empty Aeorosol Cans
- Glass bottles – food bottles and jars, wine bottles, beer bottles (remove caps)
- Waxed Coated Containers
Do not Recycle
- Toys, any plastic without a number
- Pesticide or solvent containers
- Lightbulbs, drinking glasses, window panes, Pyrex or ceramics
- Newspaper and magazines – bundled and tied or in a separate paper bag
- Cardboard – broken down no larger than 4’ x 4’
- All other paper – any color. No need to remove staples. Separate into paper bag or recycling bin
Do not Recycle
- Dirty paper plates and cups
WHAT CAN I BRING TO THE RECYCLING CENTER?
Everything you can recycle curbside, plus:
- Cell phones
- E-Waste – Free collection of New York State Covered Electronics. Effective 10/1/2015 FEES FOR CRT DEVICES (TV’S & MONITORS) WILL BE: <27” $15.00. >28” $40.00. (Wed.- Sat. 7am – 2:30pm)
- Florescent Light Bulbs
- CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs) – These bulbs are better for the environment
- Freon-containing appliances (e.g., Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, and Dehumidifiers)
- Gas Grill Canisters
- Printer Cartridges
- Yard Waste
- Scrap metal
- Other Items
- Yard waste – compostable bags, on designated waste days.
- Holiday trees.
Do not recycle
- Construction Debris such as bricks, insulation, sheetrock and car parts
- Household Chemicals:can be taken to Westchester County Facilities – Click here for more information.
BECOME A MEMBER OF THE SUSTAINABILITY ADVISORY BOARD AND HELP YOUR COMMUNITY.
The Sustainability Advisory Board acts as an advisory board to the Town Board about policy and administration of solid waste collection and disposal, recycling as waste reduction. It meets at 7:30 p.m. on the last Wednesday of each month. Meetings are open to the public. For more information, contact the Recycling Department at (914) 238-8091 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To report problems or ask questions email: email@example.com
Or call Sanipro 1-800-273-9394
The new refuse collection schedule is available.
Check page two of the collection schedule to find out what day your garbage gets picked up.
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR GARBAGE COLLECTION, PLEASE FIRST CONTACT SANIPRO AT 1-800-273-9394, 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. THIS SHOULD LEAD TO A SATISFACTORY RESOLUTION. IF NOT, PLEASE CALL THE TOWN REFUSE AND RECYCLING OFFICE USING THE SPECIAL NUMBER RESERVED FOR RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE PROBLEMS REPORTING, WHICH IS 238-8091.
- Once a week collection for your street
Includes food waste
Includes trash which can be put in normal garbage cans
Can weight not to exceed 60 pounds when full
- Additional services available:
In-driveway, in-garage and rear door collection (Additional costs to be paid quarterly)
Contact SaniPro Disposal, 800-273-9394, for more information
- Paints cans must be completely empty, dry, and lids off. Put beside regular trash.
- Special pick-ups available of construction debris or bulky household items not normally collected. Call SaniPro, 1 800 273-9394, to make special arrangements for a fee.
- Styrofoam peanuts, tied in a plastic bag, should be brought to the Hunts Lane Town Recycling Center
- Household garbage must be out by 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled collection day. Please do not leave curbside overnight.