Fax: (914) 238-2537
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:45a.m. - 4:30p.m.
Philip M. Platz, Esq. IAO.
Appointed by Town Board for six year term.
Assessment Clerk -
(Contact for all exemption applications.)
Senior Real Property Appraiser
- Prepares assessments of real property within the Town.
- Updates assessments annually and publishes tentative assessment roll on June 1st.
- The Town Assessor welcomes meetings with residents to explain the assessment process and review assessment concerns.
- Residents dissatisfied with assessments appeal to Board of Assessment Review
- This board reviews assessment complaints (grievances), deliberates and notifies the property owner and Assessor of their final determination.
- The Assessor then files the Final Assessment Roll in September.
- For more information, review the grievance procedure.
- Receives and grants S.T.A.R. and Veterans and Senior (Aged) Exemption applications.
- More information is available on tax collection and assessment records.
The Town of New Castle GIS Tax Parcel Maps may soon be available on the Internet. They will offer a limited view of the overall tax parcels that are within the Town of New Castle.