The committee met again to discuss final aspects to the streetscape plan.
1) We selected a concrete color that has more earthy tones than traditional grey concrete.
2) A decision was made to mirror the font and logo of the traditional Chappaqua sign below on all Hamlet demarcations and way finding signs.
3) The Committee embraced the idea of the installation of a stone wall with “Welcome to Chappaqua” carved into the stone at the intersection of Route 120 and Hunts Lane.
4) There will be a six sided kiosk installed at the “Town Square” adjacent to the Great Stuff store.
5) The committee embraced the installation of a clock Downtown adjacent to “Marion Place” similar to this image.
At this point the work of the Streetscape Committee is basically complete. Now our engineering firm will jump into creating construction drawings to ultimately bid out to various contractors. We hope to have the plans ready to go out to bid by early September with a commencement of work in the Spring.