Now let’s solve another problem together! Please come to a public hearing on May 24, 2016 at 8:00 pm at Town Hall and be a part of the team making New Castle the green leader in New York State.
Single-use plastic shopping bags:
- Part of the climate change problem
- Break down into our food chain
- Clog waterways and sewers
- Litter our roads
Paper shopping bags compared with plastic bags:
- Twice the climate change problem
- Four times the waste problem
- 20 times as much water to produce as thin plastic bags
And the bags cost our businesses money!
The Proven Solution: The Reusable Bag Initiative
- Ban single-use plastic shopping bags
- Place a 10-cent fee on paper bags in the stores that provide the most bags (food markets and pharmacies – the fee will be kept by the stores).
Ask anyone in Portland, Maine, Davis, CA, Washington, DC and many other places – they’ll tell you how easy it is and how proud they are to use reusable bags and preserve the environment and our health.
Will you take 1 night to support this important initiative that will impact us for decades?
For more information or to provide comments, please email SAB@MyNewCastle.org