Town Administrator, New Castle
DPW Road Maintenance
Department of Public Works has been out working throughout town on its 2017 Spring season of road work and road maintenance. The Highway Unit completed the following projects over the past several weeks:
- Street Sweeping: To date, the DPW completed sweeping all Town roads by late May, removing roughly 312 tons of debris from the road.
- Street Side Mowing: To date, the DPW has mowed over 75 roadsides
- Pothole Repairs: To date, the DPW has filled 7,098 potholes
- Drainage Projects: The Highway Unit drainage projects:
- Ridgewood & Carolyn Lane (completed)
- Plymouth & Chatham (underway)
- Haights Cross & Whippoorwill Road (completed)
- Meeting House (began today, will be completed Wednesday)
- Vac-All Basin: To date, the DPW has vacuumed 56 basins throughout town, both as route maintenance and as needed.
- Basin Repairs: To date, the DPW has repaired 11 catch basins through town.
- In addition, crews continue to clean swales on the sides of roads throughout Town of sediment and debris to improve drainage and to cut back vegetation in the town’s right of way to restore full road widths.
The Department of Public Works will continue to perform these tasks throughout the Summer. By the middle of July, we should have their paving and reclamation projects set for the 2017 season.
Mulch sales resume
Mulch sales have resumed at the Recycling Center on Hunts Lane. We have replenished our stock of mulch and have sufficient supplies to be able to resume the sale of mulch to the public. For further information, please contact Mike Cicale at 238-8091.
Renovation and Repainting of the Taxi Stand
Exterior renovation and repainting of the Taxi Stand has been completed. Our crews will now shift their attention to the Chappaqua Performing Arts Center to replace facia board and exterior wood work and trim trees and shrubs around the foundation to prevent future damage and improve drainage.