Summer Day Camps
2021 Summer Day Camp
We have already begun the process of planning camp for 2021! We will update this website regularly as we get new information. In the meantime, please feel free to review the 2020 policies & procedures as many are expected be used in 2021.
Registration begins Tuesday, March 9th at 9:00am.
All policies and procedures included are taken from the NYS Department of Health Statewide Guidelines. These can be found here: https://forward.ny.gov/statewide-guidelines .
Please note that this is an ever-evolving situation. Any new or updated information will be sent out as soon as possible.
2021 Camp Dates
June 28th-August 6th
- Session 1 will be June 28th to July 16th (three week session)
- Session 2 will be July 19th to August 6th (three week session)
- Full camp session will be June 28th to August 6th (six week session)
- You WILL be required to submit a copy of your child’s immunizations from their doctor before registration is considered complete.
(Starting Tuesday, March 9th at 9:00 AM)
Tots Camp is a Town of New Castle summer tradition for ages 3 to 5 years old. This camp offers children their first glimpse into camp while still having structure to each day. Arts and Crafts, Sports, Water Play, Music, and exciting entertainers make this camp a perfect fit for little ones!
Camp Adventure is a Town of New Castle summer tradition for grades 1-8. Campers get to enjoy art, swimming, sports, entertainers, and theme days in an exciting, fun atmosphere. Grades 1st – 8th
Grades 9th – 10th The New Castle CIT program is for campers entering in 9th and 10th grades and are not yet 16 years old. CITS will be assigned to Camp Adventure or Tots Camp and work along side camp counselors to gain experience in working with younger children in a camp setting. CITS will be given preference for future counselor jobs.
A 5-week program, Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 1:30pm, for children with a special interest in art. The program is focused around a theme, which is explored thought multi-media art projects, stories, and games. Daily playground and outdoor activities are included. Participants must bring a non-perishable lunch. Ages 4 to 7 years old
- What will the daily activities be like this year?
- What safety measures will be put in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- What will camp be like at Amsterdam Park (Grades 1-8)?
- If I do not feel comfortable sending my child to camp, when is the latest I can request a refund without penalty?
- Are there CIT positions available?