- Development Department
Effective November 10, 2021 - the Development Department will close to the public at 3:30 PM each day to allow for administrative processing. Public hours will be 8:45AM - 3:30PM Monday thru Friday.
Building and Development Department Appointments
We encourage all applicants to continue to use the Bldg. Dept. dropbox located in the lobby next to the Police Dept, to drop off all filings, revised plans, etc. We encourage real estate agents to continue to submit requests for records through e-mail (Building@mynewcastle.org). Appointments with the building inspector can be done by calling the Building and Development Department. We cannot accept online scheduling for the building inspector as he is often not in the office.
- Filing of permits (please make sure you have a copy of all licenses – we are unable to make a copy of your license).
- Review Building Dept. Records (Please submit FOIl request to the Town Clerk prior to your visit)
- Submission of PB and ZBA materials and fees
- Submission of Building and Engineering supporting documents
How to Make a Reservation
You can make a reservation online by using our scheduling form and selecting a time, or by calling the department.
The Development Department consists of the combination of four existing departments under one umbrella. These divisions consist of the:
- Building Division
- Engineering Division
- Planning Division
- Zoning Division
The eleven staff from each of these divisions work cooperatively together under the supervision of the Director of Planning to implement the functions within each of the Divisions consists of:
- Assistant Building Inspector
- Assistant Planner
- Board of Architectural Review Secretary
- Building Inspector
- Deputy Town Engineer
- Director of Planning
- Engineering Technician
- Environmental Coordinator
- Office Manager
- Planning Board Secretary
- Zoning Board Secretary
The Development Department provides staff support to the:
- Beautification Advisory Board
- Board of Architectural Review
- Conservation Board
- Environmental Review Board
- Planning Board
- Town Board
- Zoning Board of Appeals
Administrative responsibility for the Development Department is vested in the Director of Planning. The Building Division and the Engineering Division serve as the building, zoning and code enforcement division of the Town Government.