Take It Or Leave It Shed (TIOLI)
Take It or Leave It (TIOLI) shed is is a reusable item shop managed by town volunteers. TIOLI is open for the season (weather permitting) Saturdays through October and is located at the Train Station.
- Drop Off Hours - 8:30am -11:00am
- Shopping Hours - 9:00am - 12:00pm
Take It Or Leave It Shop Re-Opens April 3, 2021
The Take It or Leave It “shop” (TIOLI) is a place where residents can leave usable things they do not want, and pick up things they can use. No money is involved – everything is free. Location: 1st left as you enter the station parking area from South Greeley Avenue.
The Take It Or Leave It will be open, weather permitting, on Saturdays, beginning April 3. Drop-off hours are from 8:30 to11:00 am. Shoppers will be welcome from 9am to noon, although the volunteers will start packing things back into the shed at about 11:45. Only New Castle residents may leave things, because we have limited room in the shed and everything must be stored there if not taken by noon.
Because of the continuing Covid-19 situation, everyone, volunteer staff members included, must wear masks, and must maintain social distancing. Access to the shed will be limited, and tables will be spaced to encourage distancing. Shoppers will be asked to limit their shopping time to let everyone have a chance at our wares. Gloves and hand sanitizer will be available. Signs will indicate the drop-off area.
Please note these updated rules: NO books, clothes, cassettes, electronic equipment or things in poor condition (including chipped china) will be accepted. NO pillows, upholstered furniture, or stuffed toys. NO items heavier or bulkier than one person can handle. NO car seats, cribs, bed frames, large exercise equipment or skis. Staff volunteers will have the right to refuse items. Children must be supervised, and please, no strollers or dogs.
TIOLI Donation Guidelines
Acceptable Items (Functioning, Clean and Gently Used)
- Small Appliances (Clean and Functioning)
- Furniture (in Good Gondition)
- Dishes and Glassware (in Good condition)
- Sports Equipment
- Baby Equipment
- Children’s Picture Books
- Home Repair Tools
- Gardening Tools
- Large Appliances
- Air Conditioners
- Stereo Speakers
- Construction Debris
- Semi-functional Electronics
- Chipped or Cracked Dishes
- Plastic Mugs/Containers,
- Skis and Ski boots,
- Stuffed toys
- Car Seats
If you have questionable items please ask if we will accept them before going through the hassle of loading your car and then being told to take things home to leave at the curb.
- TIOLI only accepts reusable items.
- Donations are only accepted during the hours of operation.
- Donations will only be accepted from New Castle resident’s (I.D. REQUIRED.)
- Volunteers have the right to refuse any item offered for donation.
- Donations that are not accepted should be placed at resident’s curbside for bulk collection.
- No Electronics will be accepted. These items should be brought to New Castle Recycling Center.
- No household hazardous waste will be accepted.
- Dumping outsite of she is illegal. Violators will be prosecuted.