Take It Or Leave It Shed (TIOLI)
Take It or Leave It (TIOLI) shed is is a reusable item shop managed by town volunteers. TIOLI is open for the season (weather permitting) Saturdays through October and is located at the Train Station.
- Drop Off Hours - 8:30am -11:00am
- Shopping Hours - 9:00am - 12:00pm
Please drop off items as early as possible. Shoppers will be welcome from 9am to 11:45, when volunteers start packing things back into the shed. Only New Castle residents may leave things, because we have only limited room in the shed and everything must be stored there if not taken by 11:45. Shoppers may include out-of-towners. Note: we usually have a large quantity of drinking glasses and a huge number of games and puzzles.
Because of the continuing Corona virus situation, everyone, volunteer staff members included, must wear masks, and must maintain social distancing. TIOLI is not classed as essential, and we will have to close if these rules are not followed. Only a few shoppers will be allowed in the shed at any one time, and access to the enclosed area will also be limited. Each shopper will be allowed only 15 minutes to shop so that social distancing can be maintained. Gloves will be encouraged, and hand sanitizer will be provided. Customers are asked not to touch things unless they are planning to take them. There are new traffic configurations for drop offs and new areas for the tables and goods.
Please note these updated rules: NO books, clothes, cassettes, electronic equipment or things in poor condition (including chipped china) will be accepted. NO pillows, upholstered furniture, or stuffed toys. NO items heavier or bulkier than one person can handle. NO car seats, cribs, bed frames, large exercise equipment or skis. Staff volunteers will have the right to refuse items. Children must be supervised, and please, no strollers or dogs.
TIOLI Donation Guidelines
Acceptable Items (Functioning, Clean and Gently Used)
- Small Appliances (Clean and Functioning)
- Furniture (in Good Gondition)
- Dishes and Glassware (in Good condition)
- Sports Equipment
- Baby Equipment
- Children’s Picture Books
- Home Repair Tools
- Gardening Tools
- Large Appliances
- Air Conditioners
- Stereo Speakers
- Construction Debris
- Semi-functional Electronics
- Chipped or Cracked Dishes
- Plastic Mugs/Containers,
- Skis and Ski boots,
- Stuffed toys
- Car Seats
If you have questionable items please ask if we will accept them before going through the hassle of loading your car and then being told to take things home to leave at the curb.
- TIOLI only accepts reusable items.
- Donations are only accepted during the hours of operation.
- Donations will only be accepted from New Castle resident’s (I.D. REQUIRED.)
- Volunteers have the right to refuse any item offered for donation.
- Donations that are not accepted should be placed at resident’s curbside for bulk collection.
- No Electronics will be accepted. These items should be brought to New Castle Recycling Center.
- No household hazardous waste will be accepted.
- Dumping outsite of she is illegal. Violators will be prosecuted.