The Town of New Castle Recycling Center Yard is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays 7AM-2:30PM although the Recycling Center Office will remain closed. Starting Saturday, July 18 the Residential Yard Waste Area will be open Monday thru Saturday from 7AM-2:30PM. Face mask must be worn and six feet of social distancing must be maintained. Please note the following procedural changes below when you arrive at the Recycling Center Yard.
- A limit of four vehicles will be permitted within the yard which will be managed by a recycling staff member
- Residents must remain in their cars while waiting on line
- Walk ins will not be permitted
- Residents are required to wear a mask/face covering
- Six feet of social distancing must be maintained so please leave family members home or have them remain in your vehicle
- To ensure social distancing only one resident will be permitted on the platforms at a time
- Use time efficiently in the yard in order to minimize wait time for others
Since the Recycling Center Office will remain closed please visit Chappaqua and Millwood Hardware as they are selling Yard Waste Bags, Recycling Totes and Compostable Liners for Food Compost. Yard Waste will continue to be collected curbside every other Monday.
Reminder Mulch/Compost orders can now be placed for delivery only. To place an order please mail a Mulch/Compost Order Form and a check payable to the Town of New Castle to the Recycling Center at 210 Joan Corwin Way, Chappaqua, NY 10514.
Please email any Recycling Center questions to Recycle@mynewcastle.org.
Everything you can recycle curbside, plus:
- Holiday Trees
- Car batteries
- All rechargeable batteries
- Lithium batteries
- Alkaline batteries should be placed in household trash. They are scrapped for the metal.
- Cell phones
- E-Waste - Free collection of New York State Covered Electronics. Effective October 1, 2015 fees for CRTdevices (TV’s and monitors) will be:
- 27 inches or less $15
- 28 inches or greater $40
- Disposal Wednesday through Saturday 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Florescent Light Bulbs
- Freon-containing appliances (e.g, Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, and Dehumidifiers)
- Gas Grill Canisters
- Printer Cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Yard Waste
- Other Items
Do Not Recycle
- Construction Debris such as bricks, insulation, sheet rock and car parts
- Plastic Bags
- Household Chemicals: can be taken to Westchester County Facilities (PDF)
- Paint Cans(paint must be dried and left curbside with the tops off)
In order to protect residents against identify theft or third parties obtaining confidential information, no person other than a Westchester County licensed private carter under contract with the Town or a person with the express written permission of the Town shall open, rummage in, or remove any materials submitted to the Town for recycling from the Town of New Castle Recycling Center. Notwithstanding this policy, the Town allows individuals to remove books from the Town’s designated book bin.