Mulch/Compost & Yard Waste
Mulch/Compost are available for sale to New Castle residents for $10/yard. Please follow the steps below to place an order and email email@example.com with any questions.
- Print the Mulch and Compost Order Form.
- Specify how many yards.(10$/yard)
- Make checks payable to the Town of New Castle.
- Hire an independent contractor to pick up your order and pay them directly (see page 2 of form for names of contractors)
- Provide your cell phone number on the form.
- Mail form and check to Recycling Center, 210 Joan Corwin Way, Chappaqua, NY 10514 or place in Recycling Center mailbox.
- Recycling Center staff member will call you to confirm your order has been received so you can inform your contractor to pick up your order.
- Loading hours are Tuesday - Friday 8AM-11:15AM & 12PM-2:30PM please notify your contractor.
- Residents are also welcome to stop at the Recycling Center to fill out the form.
New Castle Residents have two FREE OF CHARGE options to remove yard waste (storm debris)
- SaniPro Disposal, New Castle’s carting company will collect yard waste curbside every other Monday (please see schedule.) Leaves, brush, grass and tree trimmings must be in paper yard waste bags or bundles. Bundles need to be no longer than 3 foot in length and 2 foot in width and weigh less than 60 pounds. Branches over 5 inches in diameter and stumps will not be accepted.
- Residents are welcome to bring yard waste to the Recycling Center Residential Yard Waste Area located at 210 Joan Corwin Way, Chappaqua, NY 10514. This area is open Monday-Saturday 7am-2:30pm. This area is designated for resident’s vehicles only, contractor vehicles are not permitted.
All yard waste is recycled and processed to make mulch/compost which is used for municipal projects and is available to New Castle residents for $10 a yard. Residents are welcome to take smaller amounts of mulch/compost from the Residential Yard Waste Area free of charge.