Schedule a Town Hall Appointment
Town Hall will be open to the public, by reservation only, beginning Tuesday, September 8, 2020. You can make a reservation up to seven days in advance with the Town Clerk/Receiver of Taxes, Justice Court, the Assessor, Recreation and Parks, and the Building and Development Department.
For the convenience and safety of our residents and staff, most of our transactions can be completed via mail, email, by calling us or using this website. Appointments are for transactions or items that must be completed in-person.
Town Clerk/Receiver of Taxes Appointments
We strongly advise our residents to continue to use the drop box on the first floor of town hall as well as the United States Postal Service for payment of taxes. We continue to hold post-dated checks and can email tax receipts to you upon request. Our on-line ACH tax payment system is also available without charge through our website. Credit card payments are also accepted with a service fee. Please visit our website for further information: https://www.mynewcastle.org/240/Pay-Taxes-Online or email the tax office at TAXES@mynewcastle.org or call the tax office at 914.238.4773. For Marriage license appointments please call 238-7272.
Building and Development Department Appointments
We encourage all applicants to continue to use the Bldg. Dept. dropbox located in the lobby next to the Police Dept, to drop off all filings, revised plans, etc. We encourage real estate agents to continue to submit requests for records through e-mail (Building@mynewcastle.org). Appointments with the building inspector can be done by calling the Building and Development Department. We cannot accept online scheduling for the building inspector as he is often not in the office.
- Filing of permits (please make sure you have a copy of all licenses – we are unable to make a copy of your license).
- Review Building Dept. Records (Please submit FOIl request to the Town Clerk prior to your visit)
- Submission of PB and ZBA materials and fees
- Submission of Building and Engineering supporting documents
How to Make a Reservation
You can make a reservation online by using our scheduling form (below) and selecting a time, or by calling the department.
|Town Clerk/Receiver of Taxes||914-238-4773|
|Recreation and Parks||914-238-3909|
|Building and Development Department||914-238-4723|
We are limiting reservations to one person per department at a time for your safety.
The following procedures will be in place for your safety:
- Residents must enter Town Hall via the lower level by the Police and Recreation Departments.
- Visitors and staff must wear a mask indoors at all times - no exceptions.
- You will be greeted at the door by a receptionist who will take your temperature before entry. The thermometer must read 100.3 degrees or below in order to gain entry.
- All visitors must sign a binder attesting to the fact they are not feeling sick or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, and know they have not been exposed to the virus.
- A representative from the department you are meeting with will be called to escort you to your meeting.
Only people with appointments will be admitted to town hall, If you need to reschedule a meeting, you can either call the respective department, or go online to reschedule in the appointment page.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation with our safety procedures.