Eligibility: Open to all Middle School and High School Students, grades 5-12, who live in New Castle and/or attend school in the Chappaqua Central School District
Awards in Each Category:
Middle School: First Prize $100, Second Prize $50, Third Prize $25, Honorable Mention: Certificates
High School: First Prize $100, Second Prize $50, Third Prize $25, Honorable Mention: Certificates
Ceremony: First Prize Winner in each category will be shown at the New Castle Yom Hashoah - Holocaust Remembrance Day Ceremony on Monday, April 24th at 6:00 pm.
Entries: Must include name, address, phone number, e-mail address, name of school and grade.
If entry can be uploaded please upload here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vw0kccy4uO3CFBsHiwTeu7HrXNi37EEbdPXRCKKBR-g/edit
If entry cannot be uploaded, entries should be brought to Tiffany White at Town Hall between the hours of 9am-4pm Monday – Friday.
Deadline: Friday, March 31st at 4pm. NO EXTENSIONS.
- Each artistic entry must include an artist’s statement no more than 100 words describing your entry. Students may create a poem, sculpture, drawing, photograph, painting, poster, film or music. All charcoal, chalk and pastels must be treated with fixatives.
- The entry must represent the independent effort of the students. The art entry may not exceed the dimensions of 20” x 20”.
- The sculpture entry may not exceed 18” x 18” x 18”.
- For safety reasons, art (painting or sculpture) may NOT include real barbed wire, jagged glass or plastic.
- A two-dimensional image of any variety (a digitally created image, digital photograph, or a photograph of an original art piece.)
- Accepted file formats (if applicable): .jpeg, .bmp, .doc, or pdf
- The contest submissions will be judged by the Town of New Castle Holocaust & Human Rights Committee
Questions: email Ali Rosenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org or Stacey Saiontz email@example.com
Sponsored by: The New Castle Holocaust & Human Rights Committee
Download Art Contest Rules