The 2020 Town & County tax bill is being mailed for April 1, 2020 Delivery.
Due to public health and safety concerns, the New Castle Town Hall is closed to the public until further notice.
As a result, the Town Tax Receiver is not accepting in-person payments at Town Hall. Tax payments can be made as follows:
- On-Line. Electric check payments can be made through the Town’s secure website www.mynewcastle.org. This is a simple and free of charge process for remitting your taxes. You provide your check routing number and the funds are transferred to the Town’s banking account. The day you process the payment is the day the Town receives it. Payments can be timely made up to 11:59 p.m. on April 30, 2020. Go to www.mynewcastle.org and follow the instructions for on-line tax payments.
- Please note that if you are requesting payment of taxes through your bank’s on-line system, it can take up to 5-7 business days before the Town receives the check. These payments usually do not bear U.S. postmarks and, as a result, the day of receipt is the day of payment. In order to avoid interest penalties, please leave sufficient time when processing a tax payment in this manner so that the check is received by the Town before the April 30th due date.
- Drop Off. Tax payments may be dropped off to Town Hall in the Town Clerk mailbox located on the 1st floor lobby, 200 South Greeley Avenue (right outside the Police Department). This drop box will be cleared daily between Monday and Friday.
- By Mail. If you mail your payment, be sure the envelope bears a timely official U.S. postmark. Postage meter (i.e., Pitney Bowes) and foreign postmarks are not acceptable. Under Section 922 of the New York State Real Property Tax Law, when an envelope contains payment of local taxes with no U.S. postmark date, the payment of such taxes is deemed to have been made on the date the payment is received by the Town.
- Credit Card Payments. Credit card payments are also accepted through the Town’s secure website www.mynewcastle.org. Please note there is a third-party fee imposed on credit card payments of 3.5%.
Tax Office personnel will be working and available to assist by email or phone 914-238-4773.
At present, there have been no changes to tax payment deadlines or the imposition of interest on late payments by way of an Executive Order issued by the Governor or through state legislation. We encourage taxpayers to monitor the Town website for announcements that may affect these deadlines. However, unless changed or suspended, taxes must be paid by April 30th to avoid interest penalties.
The health and safety of the general public and our employees is the Town’s number one priority. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and thank you for your cooperation during these challenging times.
Town Clerk / Receiver of Taxes