Thinking about putting in an ABOVE GROUND POOL?
This is what you need to know…
Above Ground Pools 24” in depth or greater require a building permit to ensure property setbacks and engineering requirements are met. If you are planning a pool that is 48” or less you will need a code compliant barrier for safety.
YOU MUST OBTAIN A PERMIT
An application must be submitted to the New Castle Building Department.
Your Application along with the following documents must be provided:
- (2) copies of a survey indicating the location of the pool;
- (2) copies of the specifications for the pool,
- Copies of your contractor’s license and insurance.
- Water backflow preventers are required on all pools;
- If you have municipal water supply you will be require to have an engineered water backflow preventer (typically known as a RPZ valve). This device must be designed by a NYS licensed engineer and is required to be approved by the Westchester County Board of Health.
- Electric and Plumbing permits are required to be filed by licensed professionals.
Contact: Building@mynewcastle.org or call (914)238-4723 for more information