Phone: (914) 238-4722 Fax: (914) 238-2537 email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:45a.m. – 4:30p.m.
Josh Herman, IAO, Sole Assessor 914-238-7266 JHerman@mynewcastle.org
Appointed by Town Board for six year term.
Denise Lombardi , Real Property Appraiser 914-238-7268 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jackie MacMahon, Assessment Clerk 914-238-4722 email@example.com
The Job of the Assessor
The Assessor is responsible for valuing all Real Property within the municipal boundaries for the purposes of taxation for Town, County, School, Fire, and all Special Districts. The department is also responsible for the administration of approximately 3,800 property tax exemptions annually, including STAR, Veteran’s, Senior, Fire, and Religious. The assessment department has the duty of preparing and filing an annual Roll to the public of which all local tax rates are derived. The Assessor is charged with ensuring that all properties are assessed at a uniform percentage of value and the tax burden is distributed in direct proportion of the value of Real Property. The assessment department conducts a thorough review of all deed transfers and updates ownership and inventory in addition to maintaining the official Town Tax Maps. The Assessor assigns house numbers in compliance with Westchester County 911 and New Castle Police Department.
To ethically serve the residents of the Town of New Castle with respect, integrity, consistency, and fairness to the best of our ability.
- Maintain and defend an equitable Town Assessment Roll whereby all properties are assessed at a uniform percentage of market value. All assessment complaints must be investigated and frivolous complaints defended and discouraged. Assessment reductions that are warranted should be incorporated in the Tentative Assessment Roll when all possible.
- Continue the practice of good communication and flow of information between the Assessor’s office, residents, and town agencies through community outreach and informational meetings.
- Take advantage of the educational programs provided by the Office of Real Property Tax Services (ORPTS) and the New York State Assessor’s Association to ensure full compliance with state mandated certification and licensing requirements for the Assessor and Assessment Board of Review.
- Continue the use of new technology to reduce operating costs while improving overall performance.
- Maintain a positive public relations program regarding assessment practices.
Partial Tax Exemptions
- Senior Citizen Partial Tax Exemption
- Volunteer Firefighters/ Ambulance Workers Exemption Application
- Veterans Partial Tax Exemption
- Cold War Veteran’s Exemption Application instructions
- Cold War Veteran’s Exemption Application
- Alternative Veteran’s Exemption Application Instructions
- Alternative Veteran’s Exemption Application
- Disabled Person Partial Tax Exemption
- STAR (School Tax Relief)
- Online STAR registration
- STAR Exemption Application
- This form is ONLY applicable to owners that currently have BASIC STAR with the Town (as of 2016) and now qualify for Enhanced STAR. All other applicants must contact New York State.
All exemption applications must be filed in the Assessment Department at New Castle Town Hall on or before June 1st. You may download these common forms by clicking the links provided.
2018 Tentative Roll
The 2015 Final Roll
The 2015 Tentative Roll
The 2014 Final Roll
The 2014 Tentative Roll