PWDD’s Senior Companion Program Become a Senior Companion Today!
Along with the satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference, Senior Companions receive:
- A tax-free stipend
- Paid vacation, sick leave and other benefits
- A daily meal allowance or a meal
- Transportation or mileage reimbursement
- Pre-service and on-going training
- Senior companions don’t need medical or technical skills, only a willingness to share their time and talents.
The Senior Companion Program offers adults with developmental disabilities:
- Greater community inclusion
- A helping hand when needed
- Socialization opportunities
- A chance to fine-tune their daily living skills
- A valued friendship
- Senior Companions aren’t staff, or program aides, but people who are willing to offer support and friendship to adults with developmental disabilities.
Is becoming a Senior Companion right for you? Senior Companions must:
- Be at least 55 years old
- Be able to volunteer 15-40 hours per week
- Be income eligible
- Love to help people
INFORMATION LINE 1-(866)-946-9733